Sunday, October 12, 2008

Rudy Is Ready For His Close-up

First of all, thank you all for the compliments and comments on my new blog! I am pretty excited about it, and it certainly adds to the thrill to have people tell me how much they enjoyed it so far!

I have had one "complaint"...this from a close friend tonight. She told me that I need a better picture of Rudy since you can't see his face very well in the one I have now. If you click it so that it enlarges, you can see his little face better...but here's for you, Cathy:



This is Rudy in my back yard earlier this week, possibly the same day that the other picture of him was taken. I have been trying to get some updated ones of all the dogs, but Rudy is hard to photograph because:
  1. he is a black dog with dark eyes, and so usually in pictures he shows up as a black blob, and
  2. he is in constant motion

This is Rudy from Christmas 2006. The reindeer antlers are obviously supposed to be on top of his head, but every picture I have where they are in place like they are supposed to be is blurry. Did I mention he is in constant motion? He tolerated the antlers for long enough to take some pictures, but after that he was done with them. I saved them in case I decide to try again. I'm still recovering from my first experience with it right now!

Every year at Christmas there is fundraiser for one of the animal rescue groups here and they do pet photos with Santa for a nominal donation. And we go every year. I had a friend help me last year since I have 4 dogs, and as if 4 dogs were not too many to start with, 4 excitable and anxious dogs are even more challenging. We were successful and if I can get the photo scanned, I'll post it. Right now I am without a printer or scanner. I mentioned needing help again this year, and was told that what I need is a new friend! LOL! But that will be a fun picture to post.

I did not get to stitch any tonight because I took one of my good friends out to eat dinner for her birthday, but I did take out the letters that needed to be taken out of All In A Moon and then started on the moon itself earlier today. I'm glad I'm doing this. It will look so much better.

4 comments:

mumzy said...

Rudy is certainly a sweet dog. Seeing Cathey's Brie is my granddog, of course, I am partial to doxies.

Your trip to the photo shoot made me laugh out loud. I could just picture the four dogs being so excited and with all the other people and dogs around, oh, what fun. You are a brave woman.

Your blog is certainly interesting and please keep on blogging.

Zoe

Pumpkin said...

ROFL! We do the same thing at Christmas :o) Although last year Brie missed seeing Santa but we just don't mention it. Shhhhh!

The year before, we took both dogs and Duncan looks like someone is pulling out his toenails one by one. Brie, on the other hand, is as cute as a button. LOL!

Glad you fixed your stitching. Feels better doesn't it? ;o)

rusluvsme said...

Rudy is adorable! I love the antlers, somehow I don't think ours would tolerate it either.

I think your blog is great, I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who is new to it though!

Lori said...

Rudy... with antlers... hhmmm drawing the connection...ROFL. Where's the red nose?!! hehehe

I think my Frankie (Doxie past) was an acception to the moving target rule about doxies. He was pretty laid back as an Adult dog. Once a day I would chase him around the house for fun. After 2 minutes we both were too pooped to keep going.

Frankie was supposed to be a mini as well. He was 27 pounds... ummm... definitely standard. We "rescued" him from a pet store...sshhhhh. We enjoyed the 5 1/2 years he was with us.

I'm going to take a break before the next adoption.