I am supposed to award it to another 5 people who have fabulous blogs and then tell 5 things I am addicted to. So...
I am addicted to:
- My dogs...they are my children and my family. I am an only child who has lost both parents and although I do have some aunts, uncles, and cousins, only 1 elderly aunt lives in the same area. I had a beagle for 17 yrs when I was growing up who was my best friend, so I guess I have always looked to dogs for companionship and comfort.
- Books...again as an only child I fell in love with reading early on. I knew hw to read some when I started the first grade and was bored to death while the teacher put up these big posters for the group to read. There was a picture of a boy that said "Mike" and then 2 kids that said "Mike and Jeff" and then 3 kids that said "Mary, Mike, and Jeff" and we were supposed to remember what word was what. I looked at them and said who it was and was ready to move on to another poster, and everyone else was still struggling over Mike and Jeff. I have always loved to read, and my passion is historical fiction. Some historical romance, but mainly just historical fiction. Wonderful examples are Sharon Kay Penman and Diana Gabaldon. I'm still trying to get back to my Eleanor of Aquatine series by SKP.
- Historical drama movies...I love "period pieces". I recently watched Braveheart for the first time and thought it was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I've been having a festival of movies and stitching lately.
- My computer...I spend WAY too much time on here. I am either reading the message board at 123Stitch, playing games (especially at Pogo.com) or as my friend David puts it "reading the internet".
- And last but far from least...my stitching of course. Since I have not been working for the past year, I have gotten back in the habit of lots of stitching. Hopefully this will continue once I do go back to work. In the past, I have had a very comfortable routine of working all day, and then coming home and settling in to stitch all evening. My idea of the perfect life!
And then the award goes to....
There are a couple of more that I think are great blogs but those people have already been awarded so I tried to find people who had not.
Thanks for the compliment Cathey!